ESP-01 ESP-8266 is an ideal choice for hobbyist to start experimenting with IOT. The dimension of this module is 25mm x 15mm, with simple pin connections (standard 2×4 pin headers), using serial TX/RX to send and receive Ethernet buffers, and similarly, using serial commands to query and change configurations of the WiFi module.
ESP8266 ESP-01 Serial WIFI Transceiver Module is a cheap and easy way to connect to internet via WIFI to any microcontroller platforms like Arduino. You can use AT commands to connect to WiFi networks and open TCP/IP connections (without need to have TCP/IP stack running in microcontroller).
The module(ESP-01) can work with AT command when used with Arduino, USB to TTL adaptor (FTDI USB module is recommended). Additional power supply might be needed to power up the board.With GCC toochain and SDK availability opportunities with ESP8266 as a IOT device is endless.
ESP-01 board with FTDI FT232RL
GPIO 0----GND(FTDI) FOR FIRMWARE UPLOAD MODE FOR NORMAL MODE MAKE IT OPEN
- 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2
- Super small module size (11.5mm x 11.5mm)
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack (ipv4 only at the moment)
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Supports antenna diversity
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
- SDIO 2.0, SPI, UART, I2C
- STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4μs guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Operating temperature range -40C ~ 125C