Remote control shield is basically a controlling device that can control MOTOR rotation and many other devices by wired or wireless communication. It can do the controlling either by wired or wirelessly with the help of DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw) switches. Double pole means that the unit contains the two identical switches, side by side, and operated by one single toggle or lever. DPDT switches are used to change the polarity of the device.
- SW2 is a DPDT switch which is used to change the polarity of motors.
- SW3 is also a DPDT switch which is used to change the polarity of the second motor.
- It is a female dc connector jack which is used to deliver the 9V or 12V supply to the shield.
- SW1 is an ON/OFF switch which is used to switch the transmission mode i.e. wired or wireless.
- CN1 is the green connector that gives the input to the SW2 DPDT switch.
- CN2 is the green connector that gives the input to the SW1 DPDT switch.
- LED1 simply indicates the wired connection when it is glowing.
- LED2 also gives the indication of the wired connection.
- LED3 indicates that power is delivered to the shield.
Technical Specification :
- DPDT ON/OFF switch
- Green connectors
- Female burg strips
- DC female jack
- R1 is the resistor with 1k rating to used limit the current across LED3.
- R2 is the resistor with rating 1k used to limit the current across LED2.
- R3 is the resistor with rating 1k used to limit the current across LED1.